- RHS Loan Programs:
The U.S. Department of Agriculture offers a variety of programs to help low to moderate-income individuals living in small towns or rural areas achieve homeownership. The Rural Housing Service (RHS) helps qualifying applicants, who may not qualify under other loan products available in today's market.
RHS Loans are an attractive option because:
- There is no down payment
- There is no monthly mortgage insurance
- The Seller can pay all closing costs and prepaids
The following website will help you determine whether you qualify for a USDA loan and will identify whether or not the property you are interested in falls within the geographic area that is accepted.
The following property characteristics are not acceptable for USDA Guaranty financing:
- Manufactured homes
- Homes located in a flood zone
- Homes on a historic register
- Homes with in-ground swimming pools
- Properties with barns or significant outbuildings on them